2/11/10

No Matter What

“The Lord has blessed women with divine attributes of love, compassion, kindness, and charity. We have the power to bless each sister as we extend our arms of love and kindness and give the gifts of compassion and charity. No matter what our individual circumstances are, we all have the opportunity to edify and nurture others”
 Silvia Aldredge. re: Relief Society Membership



I agree 100%. There are opportunities to edify and nurture others everywhere I go. To use a life transition or trial as an excuse not to continue to reach out and lift someone in need is a missed opportunity for growth. I wonder how many war heros regret reaching out to drag a fallen friend away from danger without using their own injuries as justification or excuse.


I feel that the great trials of these last days will leave us all injured in some way. There will be the extraneous weight of our own sins or the sins of others that will leave us all feeling weak, scared, and wondering what we can do to reach our desires and potential. I agree with the Lord's Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, who shows us the only way to reach out to others is first to reach up...


"Though the task seems large, we are strengthened by the truth: 'The greatest force in this world today is the power of God as it works through man.' If we are on the Lord's errand, we are entitled to the Lord's help. That divine help, however, is predicated upon our worthiness. To sail safely the seas of mortality, to perform a human rescue mission, we need the guidance of that eternal mariner--even the great Jehovah. We look up, we reach out to obtain heavenly help." ( "The Call for Courage," Ensign, May 2004, 57)



No comments: